Saturday, January 11, 2014

Grrrr ... is cold out here!

Hey!

Playing in the snow!
Dad.
Man. The weather is horrible haha it's been soooo cold. Luckily I have stuff to keep me warm. Yesterday it was 5 degrees but with the wind chill it was -13 !! Not exactly the kind of thing I look forward to. We haven't had to stay in the apartment because it's too cool, but we HAVE had to stay in because of snow. Last week on Friday we got like 8 inches of snow so all of the upstate missionaries had to stay in. Poor at least we weren't allowed to drive. Soooo we walked to the church and I actually played in the snow for a good while. It was pretty cold haha but yeah. It's getting cold here. You are really enjoying that ukulele! That's so good! I remember when I first got my Uke I was basically obsessed with that thing haha so I probably know how you feel! People celebrate el dia de Los Reyes magos or whatever it's called haha we actually went to two different houses in one day that we're doing it. Luckily I didn't find any babies in my bread :) so, when teachers are missing, what so you do? Are you in charge of finding substitutes for them? Or does administration do that for you? Sounds pretty Hectic! Also, i have a question. I remember you once telling me about a rock that had lehi's dream carved into it.. But you could only see it if you put water on it..? Or am I making that up? If you remember, could you refresh my memory?

Mom.
I'm doing good :) ha yeah. It's really cold. But cold itself doesn't mean we have to stay in. We just have to wear a lot of clothes! I got the mail yesterday, thank you so much :) and for the newsletter too! We started the jump program on Monday. My legs are sore haha I really want to be able to jump how I used to. Or maybe even better. I haven't sent pictures in a little while. I haven't really been taking a lot, but I think I'm gonna send some home soon, sorry it's taken me so long! I got Kevin's package. It was the greatest haha he sent me some batman socks! I wore them the very next day while we played basketball haha I need to write him a thank you card. But if you see him, tell him he's awesome and that I say muchas gracias. I remember Connie. That's so cool that she is going on a Mission! And Weston is back. Haha I can't wait to hear him speak spanish, you know Joey Mattison comes home in like 4 weeks right? He's really close too!  I'm sorry you are back at work ha I can't imagine it's easy. Are you getting enough sleep? Or do you think it could be something else? 

Things.
Life is good. It's really cold, but it's good. The work is picking up a little bit. We've been talking a lot about what we could do to improve our work. And as a district we have some ideas that we think will help us improve everything around us. The hard part is going to be actually doing it. But yeah. Things are going well. I don't know why, but lately I've been having a struggle with thinking about home. Not in the sense that I want to come home now, or early. But I can't help but think about the things I need to get done when that time comes. There is so much on my mind, so many things I feel like I'm going to need to do. And a lot of things I'm not sure about. Is that normal? Dad, any advice? I mean, I'm not depressed or sad or trunk your anything, I'm just a little nervous  for the things to come. I don't know if that makes sense? Haha I'm hoping this is just a normal thing that we all go through. I will live tho, I'm enjoying the blessings I have right now. I guess I'll just have to take things as they come! Thank you guys so much for all that you do. I'm grateful, seriously- so much! Have a good week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment